Jugoturbina was very active in various employee activities such as humanitarian and cultural activities. Among the humanitarian activities, the activities of voluntary blood donors, the section for the fight against cancer, and the active voluntary society of firefighters stand out.
Of the cultural activities, the employees of Jugoturbina had activities in the field of folklore, music and drama section and art section. In the field of technical culture, there was a society of innovators.

Through years of work and experience in solving construction and production problems, more and more science has been incorporated into products and processes. Increasingly, self-developed electronics, a development laboratory, computer programs, and computer-aided informatics and organizations were used. At the end of the 60's, the" Research and Development" unit was established, and at the end of the 70's, the "Jugoturbine Institute". The development of basic products remained in the working organizations for the production of steam turbines, engines and pumps, but more and more laboratories, computer capacities, development and investment engineers were concentrated in the Institute, which reached 330 employee's in the mid-1980s.

The Assembly of the Complex Company at its session held on November 16, 1990. made a decision on the termination of the Complex Company, explaining this decision by the bankruptcy of the Steam Turbine Factory, the announcement of the bankruptcy of the Pump Factory and the absence of any business concept that would justify the reasons for the existence of SP Jugoturbina. 12/17/1990 With its decision, the District Commercial Court in Karlovac opened the liquidation procedure at the company Jugoturbina. After the opening of liquidation, some of its companies continue to operate as fully independent companies. One of the independent companies is Adriadiesel, which still operates successfully today.

The employees of Jugoturbina had habits and needs as well as opportunities for very developed forms of sports and social life, rest and recreation. The governing bodies financially supported all forms of sports and recreation. Jugoturbina's sports teams were leaders in many disciplines. At the same time, Jugoturbina employees actively participated in various sports, recreation and other activities in city organizations. It is especially important to single out the organization of rest and recreation of workers at sea. Jugoturbina owned resorts on Bobovište on the island of Brač and in Pirovac. Later, a resort on Krk was built.

The work process in Jugoturbina required educated profiled workers, who then came from all parts of the country. A large number of young people were educated to work in Jugotubina and live in Karlovac. Most of them were separated from their parents and were forced to solve their housing problem in Karlovac. With the construction of the factory, the Švarča settlement was built, which partially met the needs of the first workers who arrived. Single hotels were the only accommodation for young workers including whole families. Within the framework of housing programs, funds have been provided for the construction of 100 apartments.

Education as one of the most important determinants of the factory's survival was incomplete without a complete concept, with an insufficient number and uncoordinated structure of employees. For a example is the fact that in times of financial crisis, the company employed 35 graduate mechanical engineers, which was still insufficient given the volume of production. Due to the need for workers, a comprehensive and comprehensive program of support for education and engagement of workers has been defined.

The Jugoturbina factory was established by a decision of the Government of the FNRJ on July 24, 1949. under the name Tvornica "Edvard Kardelj" and was registered with the financial administration of the JNA in the register of military companies. By the decision of the Supervisory Board of the city of Karlovac from 31.03.1954. The decision of the Workers' Council of the factory to change the name "Edvard Kardelj" to "Jugoturbina" - Turbine and Machine Factory Karlovac was accepted on Later, in the same year, on December 15, 1954. The name was changed to - Jugoturbina - factory of steam turbines and diesel engines Karlovac, based in Karlovac, Mrzlo Polje 155, which was later changed to Mala Švarča 155. The name of the factory was changed again by the decision of the workers' council on 23.05.1969. Since then, the full name of the factory - Jugoturbina - factory of steam turbines for diesel engines and pumps Karlovac.
 
In the period from 1973 to 1992, the following investment programs were implemented:
 
- The pump factory started operating in the new production hall
- Organized production of dedicated production elements in the newly built Gas Turbine Factory
- A new modern restaurant was built (1600m2)
- A new production hall was built in which the production of sliding bearings was organized (4500m2)
- New hot water system with new heating stations and completely reconstructed central heating system in the existing production areas
- A new sewerage network for rainwater and faecal water was built, designed and constructed to connect to the new southern city collector
- The electric high voltage network has been completely reconstructed
- Fuel oil tank (500m3) built for the needs of the Rolling Mill
- New roads, fences, bus stops and stops were built, the railway was reconstructed
- In cooperation with the Municipality, a new bridge over the river Mrežnica was built, an important condition for this development of the southern industrial zone
- Equipped large storage space for the needs of trade in Turanj

The company "Edvard Kardelj" from Karlovac is looking for an engineer-economist for the position of commercial manager ...

It is recommended that he has experience in mechanical engineering, and that he knows or speaks English, German or French. The salary is solid and the apartment is insured in a new building ...

Advertisement in "Vjesnik" July 1952.

The "Edvard Kardelj" factory from Karlovac produced (delivered, op.) the first series of 30 diesel engines.

The engines will be delivered to customers in Serbia and Macedonia. There are another 70 engines in production. The price per engine is 260,000 dinars.

("Vjesnik", July 1953.)

Page 1 of 20